Association Djibouti Nature (ADN) undertakes work in the following issues to achieve its strategic objectives:
- Capacity Development to increase Association Djibouti Nature’s human resource capacity and capability; to develop its organisational structure; and to achieve a high level of financial transparency.
- Environmental Education & awareness raising to increase the number of children, young people and adults who understand the threats to the wildlife of Djibouti and are motivated to take action to help.
- Migratory species to reduce the threats to migrate bird species in Djibouti by participating in international projects and conducting research.
- Endangered Species to reduce the threats to endangered species in Djibouti through research, conservation action and raising awareness.
- Invasive species to reduce the threats to native species, through research and conservation action.
- Protecting sites, including Forests to increase protection for important sites for nature in Djibouti.
- Tourism to improve protection of threatened species and sites in Djibouti by encouraging responsible eco-tourism.
- Marine to conserve and improve the marine environment off Djibouti through research and advocacy.
- Hazardous materials to reduce the risks to marine and terrestrial species from deliberate or accidental poisoning. This objective will be met through other areas of ADN’s work.
- Climate Change to consider the likely effects of climate change on important sites and species and plan how best to mitigate and/or adapt for the impacts.
Association Djibouti Nature will prioritize the issues and strategic objectives for actions as guided by resources and time constraints.