Association Djibouti Nature’s membership is open to individuals, structured groups, institutions and corporations. Joining is by paying your subscription by cash, cheque or electronically to Djibouti Nature, Djibouti.
Membership to Djibouti Nature is about to help empowering and improving the livelihoods of local communities, contributing to conservation and improving our understanding and appreciation of nature. It serves its members through:
- Informative publications including “THE EYE ”;
- Subsidized subscription to “THE EYE” of Djibouti Nature;
- Exciting membership events such as nature walks, excursions, conferences and exhibitions;
- Nature Public Talks on Last Monday of every month.
Djibouti Nature is registered under the provisions of Act of July 1st, 1901, relating to the contract of association in Djibouti as a membership based organisation, and therefore, running membership is a requirement for Djibouti Nature rather than a preference.
Moreover, Djibouti Nature is a member of Birdlife International Partnership and closely cooperates with Birdlife partners to save birds and their habitats, through involvement of people. The by network criteria of BirdLife compels all partners to be membership-based (to enhance networking, advocacy, lobbying and induce awareness). As a member of BirdLife Partnership, Djibouti Nature needs to be a membership based organisation and is required to incorporate membership as one of its core activities. To that end, it is imperative that the Djibouti Nature will be obliged to run membership and mainstream the concept in the Association.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Membership shall be open to any person and institution/organization (CBO, NGO or Private) interested in the activities of Djibouti Nature and is willing to subscribe to its vision, mission and objectives.
BENEFITS TO MEMBERS
Depending on the membership category to which members have been subscribed, Djibouti Nature provides to its members the services and materials indicated below:
- Becoming member to Djibouti Nature offers you the opportunity to contribute to conservation of your beloved country, by supporting an organisation with more than a decade of achievements.
- Providing opportunities to members to be involved in the activities of Djibouti Nature on voluntary basis whereby you can gain work experiences useful for your future careers.
- Successful volunteers will be provided with certificates and or letters of references.
- Free participation in membership activities and meetings of the Association.
- Admission to the Association’s Resource Centre free of charge, including borrowing of documents and books.
- Discounted prices on the Association’s publications and merchandise, including books, T-shirts, Hats, CDs, etc.
- Receiving of the Association’s Letter electronically.
- The companionship of likeminded people, including scientists and all they have to offer.
- Receiving of THE EYE Newsletter, an annual quasi-scientific journal of the Association.
- Receiving of Posters, Leaflets, Brochures and Fact sheets when published with funding secured for other projects.
- Free access (to all interested members) to indoor lectures, talks and video shows organized by Djibouti Nature.
- Providing the opportunity of field outings and hikes for Nature/Wildlife club members and patrons when project funding is secured for the purpose, from donors.
- Technical support and training to leaders of Nature clubs that are members.
- Technical assistance to Nature Groups when they are organizing events like World Environment Day and other events.
- Nursery tools and assorted indigenous tree seeds for member schools and community nature clubs involved in greening activities and rehabilitation of degraded areas when project funding is secured for the purpose from donors.
- Access to publishing relevant resource materials at the website of the Association.
One of the biggest benefits of being a member to Djibouti Nature is recognizing that you are contributing to save Djibouti’s extraordinary wildlife and precious habitats for yourself first and then for your children and for the future generation.
HOW CAN MEMBERS HELP?
As policy, Djibouti Nature envisages that the following major benefits can be accrued from members:
- Members are used as tools to sustain most activities of Djibouti Nature, although not in terms of financial sustainability as yet.
- Members are income generators (contribute to the core funding of the Association).
- Core-funding comes from annual subscriptions but additional financial support can be gained from members through appeals for specific work and paying a certain percentage to Djibouti Nature and being involved in fund-raising campaigns organized by the Association.
- Membership fees are usually considered as very valuable source of income as they are not earmarked for specific activities and can be thus used flexibly whenever the Association wishes to cover core costs such as salaries and office running costs.
- Members can be mobilized to play active roles in advocacy, lobbying and awareness raising.
- Members provide expertise in the form of voluntary based services (unpaid time).
- Members assist in networking and promoting their mother Association.
- Members can play decisive roles in building the image of the Association of which they are a part.
- Members can be a source of influence in winning the support of the public, politicians and policy/decision-makers for the Association to meet its objectives.
- Number of members also matters in terms of giving weight and credibility to statements made through the Association (e.g. when lobbying and advocating at national level).
- Members can help the Association to stay focused on its core mission.
- Members can provide useful advice on the future direction of the Association.
- Membership is both a support to Djibouti Nature (in terms of finance, advocacy, influence, lobbying) and involvement (in the Association’s activities as volunteers).
- The objectives of Djibouti Nature can be better achieved through education, networking, awareness raising and dissemination of information, advocacy, monitoring and fundraising.
- The Association’s members play decisive roles as springboards in promoting the objectives of the association. Therefore, membership is the association’s constituency to help promote organizational objectives.
- Threatened animals cannot speak for themselves, but you can speak out for them via the support you provide to Djibouti Nature.
- Write protest words and sign petitions in support of our campaigns as deemed necessary.
Inform friends and all your contacts of the threats to biodiversity, natural resources and the environment as a whole.
- Assist in fund-raising and establishing contact with relevant conservation collaborators.
A little help from you can help save species, sites and habitats and improve livelihoods of site adjacent impoverished people
PLEASE CLICK HER TO ACCESS MEMBERSHIP FORMS
- ELECTRONIC FORM ……..Coming soon.
- PAPER FORM (.PDF) ………. Coming soon.